Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Season in Time
Written by Sue Merriner

It all happened so unexpectedly,
I never thought it would happen to me,
Try as I might,
I could not collect myself,
I cried so hard,
But no one heard,
Finally, I cried out,
I cried out to the Lord on High,
I sought the Lord in his wisdom,
I begged him for his help,
Where did this storm come from?
It has cut me to the core,
And I was given comfort,
Yes, comfort of a heavenly sort,
He whispered quietly,
"I am here,
You have nothing to fear,"
I lifted up a tearstained face,
And said, "You have met me here,
And I know that all this fear,
Will be replaced by a countenance of peace,"
So I began to sing my songs of praise,
Praise as the Lord began to work,
I saw his love for me unfold,
As he led me through my maze.

Painting by Danny Hahlbohm

No comments:

Post a Comment